Monday, April 4, 2011

The Heart factor and the wisdom of Damon Salvatore.

"There's no such thing as a bad idea! Just poorly executed awesome ones."

While obviously Damon was just being the confident vampire he always was in the show (and for the record, he is the most alpha person in the show), much wisdom lies in this statement. 

Smart readers would be able to guess that to this date, I have one real nagging regret. 

Last July, I met a girl.  A very special girl.  I thought I had time, and wanted to take it slow.  One month later, I got the shock of my life when I realized that wasn't the case.  Then I devised a grand plan (which would eventually be the formulation for the Laws of 22.  Unfortunately, a few things did not go as expected, and I left out the final and undoubtedly, the most crucial part of the scheme.  And that, would be the very last time I would see her. 

You see, I kept trying to create, or rather, await a perfect setting. I wanted it to be audacious yet low-key.  Simple yet with a flair of grandeur.  Outlandish yet sincere.  And when I didn't get these effects, I didn't press on with the plan. 

But they don't exist.  Sometimes, the conditions for whatever you planned for just doesn't materialize.  Be decisive and plow through it.  The NBA Finals 2010 was played against the two greatest teams-the Lakers and the Celtics.  The former chose to employ a man-to-man defense system while the latter played a zone marking.  The series ended only after 7 games and every game was close (exception Game 6).  Apparently, the system used didn't mattered; the desire of the players were far more a larger factor.

And that, my dear readers, is what I wish to emphasize.  You can make the most intricate plans and preparations, but when the going gets tough and things don't measure up, it is about having the heart to rough it out.

Something I wish I learnt earlier.

Shoot, score, smile.

No comments: